I have a deep, dark secret…okay, I can’t pull that off with a straight face. There is nothing deep, dark or secret about what I’m going to tell you. Anyone who knows me, has seen my journal or stepped foot into my office knows…I’m a list maker. That’s right. I have one, two or twelve around my house – all for different purposes. To-do lists, grocery lists, character attribute lists, lists of dialogue…I could go on and on.
Earlier this week, I was inspired to think about the things that get me going…rev me up…excite me. So, of course, I made a list. Here’s what I came up with, in no particular order:
- Being guided by a man’s hand on the small of my back
- Clean sheets – still warm from the dryer
- Ice cream!
- Painting by Kellie Peters called “Wipe Your Eyes” that hangs in my office (see photo). Created just for me (Yes, those are ropes)
- The feel of silk against my skin
- The scent of leather and sandalwood
- The feel of a man’s palm as he cups my cheek
- Fast cars
- That look…when his gaze lingers on me, his lips slightly parted. His tongue eases over his bottom lip, as if he can already taste me. The sly smile he gets when he knows he will. Yeah. That look.
And there you have it. Ten things that excite me. Now…tell me what excites you. Come on, you know you want to.
Until next time…