I’m thrilled and excited to be part of the Love, Lust, and Laptops blog group. My thanks to Lynn Lorenz for suggesting me as a member. Lynn and I go back a long way. We started our careers together at Loose-Id, and our first books were published just two months apart.
Since I’m new to the group, I figured it might behoove me to introduce myself via a top twenty list.
Top 20 Facts About Me:
- I flew a fighter jet in a dogfight. Okay, I lost 5-4, but I did two rollovers (4G’s)!!!!
- Though we’ve been married for 35 years, the dh and I still like each other. Go figure.
- We survived 3 sons— we did—no guarantees of our sanity, but they’re all now (fingers & toes crossed) financially independent. Momma boast here – the middle one just landed a dream job at Google.
- I’m allergic to chocolate. *rolls eyes* It doesn’t bother me, but it seems to bother everyone else.
- South Florida is a cool place (pun intended) to live from September to April. We’re looking for a summer home. Any takers? Honestly, we’ll mooch anywhere to get out of the sweltering heat. Lynn and Parker, though I know you’re dying to volunteer—sorry, not interested. We’re thinking more along the lines of the UK or Europe. Watch out Cherie…
- I wrote my first book because the dh dared me to. Until that point, I’d never, ever dreamed of writing. Numbers are my thing.
- The only carbonated beverage I drink is champagne.
- My mom and I did a 28-day road trip across Monaco, France, Spain, and London, and we never quarreled once. Myself, I think that should make some kind of Guinness record.
- One of my secret obsessions is Vikings (that could be because the dh has Norse roots and looks like Thor—okay, maybe a tad on the worn and torn side, but still a God, right?).
- I flew in a helicopter, not once, not twice, but three times.
- The thing I love the most about writing is being able to indulge my rabid curiosity. Ha! What that really means is after a half-day Internet time-suck, I can say, “I was doing research, honest.”
- When I’m stressed out, I cook. I once did a proper high tea for 50 people. I was really, really stressed.
- My fourth book, A Paratrooper in a Pear Tree, won Passionate Ink’s Best Contemporary of 2009, and I never found out until they announced the winner for 2010!
- Road trips are my number one choice for vacations. We celebrated being empty nesters with a 28-day (hmm, seeing a pattern here) trip to the Grand Canyon. On said trip got to meet Georgia Woods and Lynn Lorenz in person.
- My favorite dessert is pan seared Foie Gras in a Calvados-brandy cream sauce with an icy Muscat.
- I once spent the night with the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago and his entire cabinet.
- The dh and I met in Canada at college, did our Master’s in Miami, moved to Vancouver (Canada), and then went on to live in San Francisco and Trinidad.
- If I’d discovered it earlier, parachuting would be my number one hobby.
- My day job’s in financial systems and my Master’s is in Finance, Statistics, and IT.
- I can scale, clean, gut, and de-bone a normal-size fish in ten minutes.
I hope I haven’t bored the daylights out of everyone. Next blog will be way more interesting, promise.