Yes, it is now 2014. I don’t know about you, but it will take me about two weeks to remember that when dating things and writing checks. 🙂 Happens every year.
When thinking about what to write for my first LL&L blog for the new year, I, of course, thought about what I wanted to accomplish in the coming year. Like Lynn and Cherie, I don’t call them resolutions, but goals. Goals can be tweaked; resolutions are trickier since you “resolve” to do something. Goals you “aim” to do something.
Of course when making goals a person needs to see what of their last year’s goals they haven’t yet “finished” and re-evaluate long-term goals that may still be in mid-completion. The short, mid and long term goals Lynn addressed on Monday. We LL&L ladies are nothing if not organized. I luuurve my girls.
Here are some of my goals for 2014:
1. Finish the Prime Chronicles trilogy. Prime Imperative will be the third and last book in this trilogy. Will there be other books in this scifi romance world? I never say “never,” but I will say “not in the foreseeable future.”
2. Start and finish Book 4 in the SSI series. This will be Tweeter’s book and is called Storm Warning.
3. Start Book 5 in the SSI series. This will be Trey and Fee’s story continued from Stormy Weather Baby (Book 1.5). Called An Ill Wind.
4. Write short story(ies) for the LL&L free shorts. The number is yet to be determined. But I love how well these stories are being received. If the topic allows it, I might try to make the short fit into one of my series (Rae or Monette).
5. Get my office de-cluttered. As a “retired” attorney, I have lots of paper in files, folders, and notebooks. I really can get rid of what I call vertical files (research files) consisting of lots of paper to free up some file drawer space for new vertical files on research for my books. 🙂 I’m all about the research and all about the writing.
6. Self-publish Green Fire, my last out of print book from the old LTDBooks. It is a paranormal romantic suspense and was a Dream Realm Finalist. It needs to find a new audience, especially since it has a paranormal twist I haven’t seen many other places. The heroine uses stone energy.
6. Get rid of books in my personal library I am NOT going to read again. Sigh. I am buried in books. Anything I have to have (and it’s not a first edition, signed) I can always get on Kindle sooner or later. So, I need to free up shelves for “new” must have books that I WILL re-read.
7. De-clutter my life in general. I have “stuff,” and I am at the age now where stuff doesn’t make me happy.
Long term? Keep writing SSI books and maybe start a new more edgy romance series of connected books under my Rae Morgan name. Rae has been neglected for a while, but her Coven series is doing well with their new covers.
So, there are my goals. They can and probably will be tweaked because as I know well, life happens and you have to go with the flow. But I am fairly sure most of the above goals are reachable.
Happy New Year and wishing you a healthy and prosperous new year in which you meet your personal goals.
New Year Image: Author: BSGStudio . Licence: Personal and Non commercial use only, redistribute is forbidden.