I’ve been seeing a lot of “did you know?” posts on Facebook recently, so as my first post of the year, I thought I’d join the game by listing five things most people don’t know about me. Ready? Here we go:
5. I had a severe lisp as a child. I spent much of my grade school days in speech therapy.
4. I am a licensed massage therapist and have had my own pain management clinic for the last ten years (although I’m writing more than massaging these days!).
3. When I was a child, I’d write skits and plays, and then make my siblings to act them out for our parents. (Which is probably what led to the next item)
2. Both of my siblings have shot me. Yes, you read that correctly. SHOT. ME. My older brother with a BB gun when I was about seven, and my older sister with a high-powered, semi-automatic paintball gun (at close range on bare skin, I’ll spare you the gory details) when I was nineteen. Interestingly enough, they both hit me in the hamstrings. (And yes, I still love them dearly)
1. I’m a ridiculously slow writer. Oh wait, that’s not really a secret, is it? *wink* I’ve got BIG things in store for you all this year…with a few little surprises along the way.
As we approach the close of the first full week of 2014, I’ll leave you with this little piece of my favorite Irish blessing:
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
And may all your Leprechauns be built like Devlin (gratuitous plug for Lucky’s Charms free Anthology). 🙂
Until next time…