What’s your preference, vampires or sexy bad neighbors?
Technically, they’re both free this week, so you don’t really have to choose. But if you still feel you need to, here’s a side by side comparison of Resist: A Vampire Blood Courtesan Romance and Sexy Bad Neighbor.
- Resist is the first vampire book I’ve written. I love reading them, love watching them on TV or at the movies, but by the time I’d become a published author, I was convinced the market was saturated; there were too many vampire romances, so I didn’t think there was a need for more. Until I realized there can never be enough vampire books. Readers love vampires. I should know, as I’m one of them.
- Sexy Bad Neighbor is the first book I’ve ever co-written. My friend and fellow author, Misti Murphy, threw it out there one day: Are you interested in co-writing a book with me? I raised my hand. Heck yeah. I had read literally every book she’d ever published, she often beta read my books, and I knew she weaved a wonderful—and sexy—story. I knew our writing styles would mesh. What I didn’t know was our writing process meshed too—we’re both pantsters, and she’s a night owl while I’m a morning person. Handy since we live on opposite sides of the planet. The route to get here was fun and I think the book is pretty awesome, too.
- Resist is based in Chicago.
- Sexy Bad Neighbor is based in Chicago. Okay, I’m not sure how that’s going to help you choose. Also, not sure how that happened, as neither Misti nor myself are from Chicago.
- Resist is paranormal.
- Sexy Bad Neighbor is a romantic comedy.
- There are vampires in Resist. A lot of them.
- There’s a goat in Sexy Bad Neighbor. And a fair number of reviews claim she steals the show.
- Resist is part of a shared world. It’s part of the Blood Courtesans series. (There’s a new boxed set called Awakenings coming out in this series too, FYI.)
- Sexy Bad Neighbor is the first in a series. The second book is Sexy Bad Daddy, and the third is Sexy Bad Boss. It’s releasing in January. Then there will be Sexy Bad Valentine and Sexy Bad Escort and Sexy Bad Halloween … and we may have a slight addiction to this sexy bad theme.
- There’s a Facebook group for those of you addicted to vampires.
- There’s a Facebook group for those of you addicted to the Sexy Bad series.
- If you like my writing style, you’ll probably like both books.
- They’re both only on sale through the end of this week, so grab ‘em quick!
Tami Lund writes happily ever afters, drinks wine, and wins awards. And she occasionally writes blog posts, too. Sometimes they’re even funny.